The University of Iowa has a long-standing history of promoting good sports-like conduct, appropriate fan behavior and providing an environment that is safe and enjoyable for all events sponsored by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. All spectators who engage in unruly or disruptive behavior, or participate in illegal conduct are subject to ejection from all athletic events. Ticket holders are responsible both for their own conduct and the conduct of those who use their tickets to gain admission to athletic events. This also applies to tickets sold on the unauthorized secondary market (internet auction site, ticket broker, etc.)
Ticket holders to all University of Iowa athletic events purchase, hold and use their tickets subject to compliance with the following policy:
- Letter of Warning: A letter of warning will be issued by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to any ticket holder whose ticket is used to gain admission by any individual who is subsequently ejected from the event by law enforcement, security or event personnel for any reason. The letters of warning will be maintained and reviewed by Athletics staff and UI Police at the end of each sport season. In the case of severe conduct or repeat ejections, the ticket purchaser's ability to purchase tickets in the future may be restricted or revoked.
- Revocation of Tickets(s): The ticket used by an individual to gain admission to an athletic event will be revoked for the remainder of that current sport season for, but not limited to, any of the following conduct or offenses committed within the confines of any UI Athletic facility:
- Transport to a health care facility by law enforcement or EMS for incapacitation due to excessive drunkenness or the use of illegal drugs;
- Citation or arrest for throwing objects
- Resisting arrest/obstruction
- Public urination or disorderly conduct involving violent or indecent behavior
- Arrest for any violation of the Code of Iowa.
Any such revocation of ticket(s) will include a refund of the purchase price of the ticket(s) on a pro rata basis for the remaining events included in the ticket package, excluding the event in which the conduct or offense was committed. In the case of repeat revocations, the ticket purchaser's ability to purchase tickets in the future may be restricted or revoked.
For questions concerning this policy, please call (319) 335-9247 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.